Construction. Waste management. Aggregates. These industries are dirty, dangerous, and often overlooked by a world obsessed with sexy new technology, social networks, and shiny devices running the latest apps.
But without construction, you’d have no place to live or work. Without aggregates, say goodbye to your roads and sidewalks. And landfills? You get it.
Propeller sees opportunity in these vital industries. Opportunity to change how the world gets built, make extracting resources safer and more efficient, and ensure waste is handled in the most environmentally friendly way.
We give the people building our civilization the power to track, map, and measure everything they do. We close the information gap between a physical worksite and the people who manage it.
If you love the idea of working for a company that codes a latte-delivery app or builds an expensive smart water bottle, do not apply for this job.
But if this huge opportunity piques your interest or, better yet, you’re excited about smart software and hardware solutions that solve problems for honest, hard working people—Propeller is the place for you.
We’re fascinated with solving hard problems in uncharted territories. Everyone is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re 100% about impact and 0% about ego.
We treat each other in a way that means people love coming to work. We listen and we own our mistakes. We really like making each other laugh. We embrace and inspire change. We are transparent, respectful, and fair. Want to know what our team actually says about us? Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
As Propeller’s VP of Marketing, you will play a critical role in the go-to-market strategy of a rapidly growing, high-tech start up where we solve real problems for real people every day. You will take the lead on all marketing strategies across Propeller in the US, Australia and Europe, establishing us as the market-leading platform for managing and measuring worksites.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a true mentor and coach to our high performing marketing team. You’ll motivate and empower the team, connecting their work to the customers we are helping.
Propeller is growing at an incredibly fast rate, you will iterate on initiatives that are designed to scale in a B2B, SaaS environment. Your initiatives will have a high impact on our customers, but also contribute to the development of your own team.
You’re a strong people leader with a wealth of experience across the entire marketing function. Ideally your speciality lies within product marketing, digital marketing and project management, but you’ve had your hand in each as well as all other marketing functions.
You’re creative, innovative and not afraid to take a measured risk to keep us moving forward (and you’ve got plenty of examples of where your risks have paid off and even failed).
- 10-15 years leading a marketing team in a high growth environment.
- Penetrating new global markets in a B2B environment.
- Proven ability to successfully run multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Delicately manage the balance of moving up-market to attract enterprise opportunities while moving down-market to attract the masses.
- Strong product and digital skills, ideally in a SaaS company.
- An excellent collaborator within your own team, other VP’s and the CEO. You can get your. message across while considering the opinions of other stakeholders.
- Marketing technology selection and implementation experience, in particular ROI based tech.
- Successful track record of demand generation and associated strategies with companies on the $10M-$50M journey.
- Industry and policy influence through lobbying, organizations, and sponsorship.
Bonus points for personal experience with, or working knowledge of:
- The industries our customers come from (construction, mining, aggregates, waste management).
- GIS, photogrammetry or surveying.
- Experience working with product marketing and/or channel marketing.
- Remote leadership.
- Set high level marketing strategies and long term direction for the team alongside the CEO.
- Create the strategy for future marketing campaigns in our ever changing, dynamic environment.
- Partner closely with the Sales and Business Development teams to achieve company revenue goals. Increase sales pipeline through channel, inbound and outbound marketing strategies. Improve conversion rates through account based marketing, content strategies, and targeted webinars or events.
- Partner closely with the Customer Success team to coordinate customer messaging and product marketing communications.
- Create and iterate on marketing initiatives that will enhance our ability to scale, will improve customer experience and contribute to revenue goals being met and exceeded.
- Ensure that our customers understand what Propeller is, how it will impact them, and how to use it expertly.
- Mentor a high-performing, international team of marketing professionals to reach their own personal goals as well as the company goals. This includes focus on role scoping, career path, etc.
- Advocate for each of the marketing team functions within the organization.
- Ensure that the internal company understands, appreciates, and celebrates the marketing team for all that they do.
- Be a professional leader and example to all team members in the Denver office.
- Lead the implementation of new tools and be accountable for their effectiveness.
We’re really proud of our Glassdoor rating and, according to our Culture Amp survey, 100% of people here would recommend us as a great place to work. We offer employee stock options and a 401K plan; four weeks’ paid vacation; paid parental leave; 10 days paid sick leave; and fully paid employee United Platinum PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our open plan office in RiNo comes stocked with snacks and is 10 minutes away from a dozen breweries and bars. We take being a great place to work pretty seriously.
Propeller is for everyone. We’re an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sex life, or skin color won’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
To apply for this job please visit propelleraero.breezy.hr.