At SparkPost, we do email. We enable companies to dramatically increase their email performance to drive improved engagement, revenue and cost savings. We do this by combining email engagement and deliverability analytics with sending into an easy to use solution. We send nearly 40% of the world’s commercial email–that’s 6-7 trillion emails a year. We send for some of the world’s most sophisticated email senders large and small, and power many major MarTech companies such as Oracle, Adobe, Salesforce, Capital One, Zillow, Pinterest and Apple. We are a profitable Business to Business SaaS company with $70 MM in ARR.
The Head of Marketing will have overall responsibility for all facets of Marketing and will craft the Company’s marketing strategy, and lead execution to drive profitable growth. You will lead a multi-faceted marketing organization including demand generation, email and digital marketing, content marketing, PR, events, social media, website and marketing operations. You will work closely with Sales, Product, Product Marketing, Engineering and Data Science to fulfill the Company’s strategy and deliver Operating plan goals including revenue and profit.
- Utilize detailed understanding of buyer’s journey and marketing funnel stages to execute high performing B2B Demand Generation campaigns including Enterprise Account-Based Marketing programs. Support revenue and sales ARR targets across product lines
- Create and oversee lifecycle marketing, including but not limited prospect and customer email drip campaigns.
- Work with SMEs to oversee thought leadership strategies and content development to drive both brand awareness and lead generation
- Work with Sales to develop overall trade show strategy to support awareness and lead generation. Plan and execute SparkPost’s owned thought leadership-based industry event (OptIn) as well as planning and participating in other venues
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing and Sales to plan and execute new product launches
- Measure performance of all aspects of marketing while constantly experimenting to improve and optimize performance across all channels for example: SEO, SEM, social media
- Lead a cross functional team to continuously optimize our website
- Support channel growth with partner/channel marketing programs
- Provide executive-level transparency of demand generation and marketing results in weekly, monthly and quarterly views.
- Accountability and responsibility managing a multi-million marketing budget including program spend, third-party agencies, freelancers and contractors.
- Specify and incorporate relevant tools and marketing technology stack to achieve goals
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years’ proven experience as a business to business marketing leader.
- 3+ year successful experience growing ARR in a marketing technology, marketing analytics, data products or software company with significant six and seven figure ASP.
- Successful track record in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented culture
- Experience developing a comprehensive marketing strategy, as well as the demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage execution
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel, and ensure demand campaigns are measured and optimized to align with sales, budget, and marketing targets
- Experience implementing Account Based Marketing strategies in an enterprise B2B environment.
- Methods, challenges and use of multi-channel attribution measurement·
- Strong discipline of data and insight driven management and decision making for ROI focused execution
- Ability to present results in consumable formats, including dashboards, reports and data visualizations. Solid competence with Excel
- Familiarity with marketing technology and tools for implementing in, and measuring all relevant digital marketing channels including: Bizible, Salesforce, Marketo, Hootsuite, Moz, Google Amp, WordPress, Optimizely and similar
- Proven ability to lead, develop and manage a team of direct reports
- College degree required. MBA a plus
- Highest quality communication and cross- functional collaboration skills
- Email industry, marketing services or analytics experience desirable
At SparkPost, we are committed to excellence and passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and in turn offer a work environment that fosters training and development with a generous compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit www.sparkpost.com.