Website IHS Markit
Who We Are
automotiveMastermind currently provides U.S. automotive dealers with AI/behavior prediction analytics software and marketing solutions that improve the vehicle purchase process and results. The company’s cloud-based technology helps dealers precisely predict automobile-buying behavior and automates the creation of microtargeted customer communications, leading to proven higher sales and more consistent customer retention. In 2017 we were acquired by IHS Markit.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. They help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
automotiveMastermind is seeking a Vice President of Business Operations to partner with the executive team to establish the strategic direction of the operations function to best position us as we enter our next phase of hypergrowth.
What You Will Do
- Lead, develop and retain a multi-function team; empower them to build and run their respective functions.
- Make strategic decisions, backed by data, around direction of each of these teams.
- Foster development of the team such that they are strong cross-functional partners and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Team of ops employees (approx. 5) who focus on a variety of internal operational projects
- Team of Implementation & Training (I&T) resources (approx. 7) who focus on the initial setup and training for customers / dealer partners
- Program Management: Manage the PMO. Lead the definition, launching and ongoing management of key programs within the organization
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable working environment that includes innovation, process improvement, trust, and data informed decision making through ongoing dialogue.
- Establish short and long-range operational plans, initiatives and processes to support our mission, budget and goals. Ensure assigned areas are aligned with growth opportunities.
- Coordinate multiple stakeholders across the organization to execute on plans and deliver top notch results.
- Ensure team works collaboratively with others in successfully supporting initiatives.
- Implement and initiate procedures to promote cross-functional communication and information exchange that promote optimal project coordination.
- Document new workflows that convert to successful and widely implemented system usage and processes.
- Build new processes from scratch in order to meet scaling demands and refine existing processes to reduce inefficiencies and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Balance client focus with the required P&L obligations and efficiency goals to realize year-over-year growth.
- Make the client experience a differentiated competitive advantage.
- Provide strategic insight for building new expansion markets, delivering on our commitments to our customers, and maximizing long-term value for our infrastructure.
- Drive new markets to EBITDA positive as quickly as possible.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to concept, test, and scale new means for delivering on our customer promise.
- Drive transformational initiatives requiring significant change management, including process improvements and training, with empathy and compassion.
- Organize functions through establishing clear accountabilities and delegation.
- Understand the market and industry, and have regular contact with customers in order to ensure all internal and external processes and systems support objectives.
- Develop and maintain an approach to track, monitor, communicate and achieve established goals and KPIs for assigned areas.
- Report regular on performance with corrective strategies as needed.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports of the operating metrics and is responsible for regular communication to the executive team on the effectiveness of the operation to promote strong execution, alignment, and accountability.
- Collaborate with the COO & CFO to identify and forecast budgeting needs, and monitor monthly financial reports to assure budgets and expenses are controlled.
- Direct the development, maintenance and use of standard integration and implementation processes, methodology, and templates.
- Ensure alignment with company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with commercial and finance teams on revenue forecasts and priority dealerships.
Who You Are
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an accomplished executive in the technology, software or data services space.
- Deep knowledge of a SaaS business is a must; domain experience in the automotive space would be ideal.
- A proven P&L owner who understands the metrics and levers of his/her business.
- Possesses the vision to anticipate and plan for the needs of a fast-growing company.
- Known as a charismatic leader who will lead from the front.
- Must bring the discipline and operational rigor associated with a public or private equity backed business.
- Demonstrated success in providing change management leadership during growth and business transformation.
- Proven ability to develop high-performing teams through mentoring, collaboration, and accountability to rigorous standards while sustaining high engagement and positive energy.
- An effective leader who can also navigate the nuances associated with working with a “parent company.”
- Requires frequent travel to offices as well as on occasion dealerships through the United States
- Candidate can live and work remotely within North America, however, it is preferred that they are commutable to the New York office.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For Information Please Click On The Following Links
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- Business Development
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.