Rallyday is hiring!
The firm is seeking to hire a Vice President with 5-8 years of post-undergraduate experience to be an integral member of our growing team. The candidate should be comfortable and capable of sourcing and executing new investments and working with management teams of portfolio companies and directly with the Partners of the firm. As a lower-middle market focused private equity firm the candidate must be comfortable working with smaller companies and in situations with imperfect information, conducting a significant portion of due diligence in-house and managing complex processes and situations.
The Vice President will play a key role in all parts of the transaction process, including: sourcing, completing industry research, writing investment memos, securing financing, and supporting post-close operational and strategic initiatives. This individual will also work collaboratively with management teams at portfolio companies to help build value through efficient operations, organic growth and add-on acquisitions.
The candidate will be joining a lean team of six professionals (four Partners, one Vice President, and one Director of Operations) and the ideal candidate will be extremely proactive and multi-disciplinary in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have investment transaction experience and possess the ability to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize investment opportunities. He/she should also effectively communicate and quantify an investment thesis along with its related risks and mitigating factors.
This candidate must thrive in an entrepreneurial private equity culture and have the potential to grow into a larger role at the firm.
- Sourcing actionable opportunities through systemic deal flow generation that includes outbound email marketing campaigns, direct calling, networking, thematic investing, and banker-led processes
- Tracking investment opportunities and sourcing activities in a CRM (Salesforce)
- Marketing the firm to both internal and external constituents, including attending relevant trade shows and industry networking
- Preparation of investment memos, two-pagers and business plan summaries
- Researching investment target’s competitive position, market size and industry dynamics
- Structuring and arranging debt with lenders
- Management of third-party diligence providers, including legal, accounting and industry specific consultants
- Detailed financial analysis and modeling
- Assisting with legal documentation and post-closing legal issues
- Managing post-close value creation initiatives
- Assisting the Managing Partners in deploying the RAP
Desired Skills and Experience:
5-8 years of total experience including a strong academic background
Relevant professional experience in lending, consulting, investment banking and/or private equity
Team player with proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Exceptional interpersonal and quantitative skill set
Entrepreneurial orientation, able to work in less structured environments with minimal oversight
Proven ability to proactively manage processes and outside relationships
Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
Strong integrity and professionalism
Willingness to have a crazy good time
To be considered please complete a PI assessment: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/0u5/VP
and submit a resume and cover letter to JC@rallydaypartners.com