IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients. Outstanding past performance built IDS’s reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR™), a product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive, realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace operations and social media analytics during integrated and multi-dimensional exercises.
IDS is seeking a Vice President, Product Development who will provide leadership, oversight, vision, and direction of SMEIR product development. This position requires knowledge of the market, competition, and customers which enables IDS to position customer and market-driven offerings. The Vice President, Product Development is responsible to lead the development of innovation-focused features of the SMEIR product roadmap, planning, execution, communications, and post-launch optimization for all features and functionality. This role sits at our headquarters office in Arlington, VA but we are also open to a candidate in Raleigh, NC.
- Serve as the conduit between executive business leadership, software and technical operations, and business development teams.
- Provide domain expertise and thought leadership internally and externally.
- Provide solutions leadership.
- Set, execute, and publish the overall vision and roadmap for SMEIR. Review product vision and roadmap documents and ensure teams are transferring knowledge of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or challenges. Support sales and customer-facing efforts.
- Be a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to achieve product management success.
- Support of strategic and tactical planning activities related to the development and deployment of system enhancements.
- Monitor the status of specific development projects supporting new features.
- Ensures products are aligned with customer expectations, business priorities, and internal technical strategy.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on customer, prospect and evaluator inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Actively engage in innovation initiatives, reporting capability assessment and platform transition activities.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based on requirements management and product lifecycle.
- Review and contribute to the technical, fact-oriented content used for pricing, positioning, and collateral.
- Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Business Administration, Product Management or related degrees.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of demonstrated, successful product management experience, to include a minimum of 5 years in a lead role or management position.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a product vision and roadmap and to translate business requirements into system-level designs, solutions, and specifications.
- Firm understanding of agile software development processes
- Prior experience in the government sector
- Exceptional organization, leadership and communication skills.
- Unix and Windows Command-Line
- Amazon Web Services, VMWare Cloud and other cloud providers
- Infrastructure and configuration management-as-code: Terraform, Helm, Ansible
- Microsoft Office365 Suite
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being – 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave – Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
To apply for this job please visit idsinternational.applytojob.com.