Website 9Health Fair
9Health is looking to contract with a business development and sales professional to help us build and scale a sales pipeline for a new preventive health product we are launching. Initially, the product will be sold to organizations, groups, communities, employers, etc., who are seeking to provide cost-effective, world-class preventive health benefits to their members, employees or citizens.
Role Description: Director of Digital Programs
Help shape the future of 9Health, a Colorado institution.
For more than 41 years we have been known for our health fairs across the state; in fact, we are the country’s biggest provider of nonprofit health fairs. In 2020, we diversified beyond health fairs for the first time in our history. We launched a portfolio of digital health offerings and now, in 2021, we are ready to scale. We need a seasoned health services business development and sales professional to lead the charge to create and execute a strategy that will identify and enroll customers and partners to bring our unique preventive health offering to market. Together with our partner CirrusMD, the leader in text-first telehealth, we have created an offering that, aligned with our mission, provides the tools for anyone to manage their health and provides access to 24/7/365 affordable primary care (less than 25 cents per day).
If your experience includes negotiating deals with employers, government agencies, unions, health plans, and other big healthcare market players, let’s talk. As our business development and sales lead, you will:
• Define ideal target customers and partners.
• Assist in defining and setting our monthly sales targets.
• Help us define our go to market strategy to reach targets.
• Meet with prospects; determine interest, decision timing, and budget; understand prospects’ decision-making and purchasing process.
• Provide feedback from prospects on service offering appeal; actively help iterate the value proposition.
• Collaborate on collateral needs and development (marketing); value proposition, priorities, pricing, and goals (program management)
• Help to train 9Health staff on the sales process to create a sustainable business model.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience with new product launches
• Experience developing successful market strategies
• Domain knowledge of employer-provided health benefit offerings or similar
• Proven ability to successfully “solution sell” to employers, government, unions, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with sales cycle from prospect to close
• Experience creating sales presentations/decks
Nice to have:
• Contacts ready for outreach in at least one or two of our target “verticals” (rural counties, business groups including Chambers of Commerce, restaurant and hospitality associations)
• Understanding of population or public health metrics, dynamics and strategies
• High energy
• Creative problem-solver
• Collaborative; no “lone wolves”
• Willing to roll up sleeves and do what needs to be done. No admins here!
• Personify the mission and brand of 9Health
• Attention to detail
Contract terms expected to include both fixed-fee and bonus-based compensation.
Send an email with the subject line ‘9Health BD and Sales Position’ to Amy.Friel@9HealthFair.org. You must include a resume that describes prior relevant experience.
Optional: Provide a proposal for services that includes a description of what can be accomplished in the first three months of the contract, what is needed from 9Health for success, and a cost estimate for the initial three-month contract.
- Business Development
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.