Website Adams County Regional Economic Partnership
President and CEO
Summary CEO Position Description
The President and CEO of Adams County Regional Economic Partnership (AC-REP) is the trusted voice and champion for business and economic development and provides visionary and inspirational leadership to the organization and the community. This position is responsible to our mission: Develop a prosperous and sustainable metro-north region to grow and thrive together. This position is accountable to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
An Ideal Candidate would be:
An Engaged Visionary Leader that is an action-oriented collaborator who takes pride in driving results and fulfilling our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, effectively manage and develop the professional and administrative staff to accomplish AC-REP’s goals. Ensure an organizational structure with clear roles and responsibilities, and foster a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
Embrace the newly developed mission and core strategies for the organization, work with staff, board and membership to implement and launch critical programs and initiatives.
Partner with industry, regional and public organizations to create a vibrant community where AC-REP serves as a focal point of economic viability for Adams County and the region.
Develop and empower an effective team where performance feedback and coaching is the norm.
Continually seek to improve and develop processes and systems to enhance operational excellence.
Ensure compliance on all legal and financial matters.
Board Support and Leadership
Serve as chief liaison to the Board of Directors, including facilitating agenda setting, Board member orientation and proactive communication and record keeping. Serve as ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board and the Executive Committee. Partner with the Board in the implementation of the AC-REP’s Strategic Plan including attainment of all strategies, goals and outcomes. Lead the organization to fully implement and optimize the Strategic Plan and regularly communicate to the Executive Committee and Board progress against established objectives. Lead the creation of annual operating plans and budgets. Advise the Executive Committee and Board in the development of policies and procedures. Assist in the selection and recruitment of Board members and Board leaders who will advance the mission of the AC-REP. Support and participate in the Board’s annual evaluation of the CEO, including a Self and Staff Evaluation.
Plan, oversee, and monitor all financial aspects of AC-REP, assuring compliance with all laws, regulations and accounting standards. Provide prompt, thorough and accurate information to keep the Executive Committee and Board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position. Monitor all accounting and fiduciary functions including asset management, banking, payroll, purchasing, taxes, cash management and financial reporting. Consider other possible business models to enhance the financial stability of the organization.
Lead partnering and collaboration with other community leaders in promoting and integrating AC-REP into and throughout the fabric of the community. Lead the establishment of an aggressive organizational and collaborative strategy to grow Adams County and the larger region’s economy faster than regional and peer conditions with sustainable and equitable tactics. Embrace and execute the broader vision of AC-REP in the community; introduce and support potential changes in the model including new functions and ideas. Play a leading role in seeking and promoting opportunities for collaboration with other local and/or regional community organizations towards a common goal. Maintain strong relationships with members, elected officials, municipalities, sponsors, and community leaders to ensure essential community ties and widespread support. Monitor community wants and needs; support and translate that understanding into successful presentations and activities.
Oversee development of our “brand”, champion the brand both internally and externally and become the public face of the organization. Represent AC-REP through active community involvement, industry associations and relationship management.
Oversee the organization’s public policy efforts. Recommends the Public Policy positions as suggested by the Business Advocacy & Public Policy Committee, to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and advocates for those positions to the appropriate elected body.
Oversee the organization’s fundraising efforts. Play a highly visible leadership role to cultivate support from members, individuals, corporations, foundations, government, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Required to travel and work before and after the hours of office operations to attend industry-related meetings and events when necessary.
2. Any additional items that may be assigned by the AC-REP Chair in conjunction with directives from either the AC-REP Executive Committee or AC-REP Board of Directors.
Extensive computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, presentation software and Internet. General office equipment.
1. A self-starter with the ability and desire to follow through in all areas.
2. Ability to accept responsibility for control, planning and implementation.
3. Ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment, while maintaining all priorities and personal/agency commitments.
4. Adaptability to performing the same work according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
5. Ability to perform under critical deadlines.
6. Ability to remain both unflappable and decisive in critical situations.
7. Adaptability to situations requiring a precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
8. Adaptability to performing a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure.
9. Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and be results oriented.
10. Be a team player with strong training skills.
11. Be a true leader with overt leadership skills.
12. Be an expert networker and relationship builder.
13. Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
14. Strong interpersonal, managerial and mentoring skills.
15. Politically astute and diplomatic.
1. Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years of relevant experience required. Master’s degree helpful.
2. Experience in the following areas is considered essential: guiding and inspiring Board members, staff, and community leaders; cultivating community partnerships; non-profit accounting; and fundraising.
3. Business acumen, superior interpersonal and organizational communications, project management skills.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing modern and innovative economic and community development theory and practices is preferred.
Required to work with and safeguard confidential information of the highest importance on a regular basis. Confidentiality is regularly entrusted and would result in the loss of the client’s trust and business if not handled properly.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Business Development
- General Business
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.