About this Position
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”)
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You’ll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you’ll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you’ll need to be prepared to keep up.
Market Operations Managers (also known as MOMs);at Carvana play a dynamic role. They need to be great communicators, brand ambassadors, and possess the know-how to get the job done. Leadership skills are critical, as MOMs provide vision for a team of extremely talented people, ranging anywhere from Lot Attendants to Team Leads, and are responsible for developing their teams into highly organized units. Not unlike your traditional mom, they consistently strive to see others succeed and grow, which they influence through their big picture thinking, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
MOMs wear a lot of hats. They oversee logistics, inventory quality, scheduling, registration paperwork, customer experience, employee experience, community outreach, mentoring and training programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Owning your market and everything that comes with it, including (but not limited to); market launch, operations, logistics, consumer branding, team engagement and effectiveness and, of course, the market’s ongoing success.
- Helping interview, select, onboard and train all members of your team, from Lot Attendants to Team Leads, and giving them the tools, resources and guidance they need to be successful. Employee development is an essential part of this role.
- Being “in the trenches” with your team. Be ready to jump in alongside an Advocate to wash cars or jump into our kick-ass single-car hauler and deliver cars to our customers while providing a stellar customer experience.
- Balancing execution, process improvement and impeccable customer service
- Driving production in a fast-paced customer service environment and keeping every detail of your market operating like a well oiled machine
- Executing while constantly looking for process improvements
- Maintaining and producing daily, weekly and monthly reports of quality metrics and respective targets and goals
- Proactively communicating with senior leaders regarding business performance, adverse impact of decisions on customers and potential risk to the business
- Being a continuous positive force within the hub, creating strong morale and spirit throughout the team
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
This position requires a motivating and inspiring people leader that is passionate about the customer experience and isn’t afraid of S#*tL0@ds of hard work. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 7+ years’ work experience in a customer facing team environment
- 5+ years’ of people management experience
- 3+ years’ of; leadership management experience
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency;
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees;
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box;
- The ability to operate in ambiguity
- Willingness to work on weekends;
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- High influencing skills;
- Experience with SalseForce or Tableau
- An analytical mind
- Experience handling logistics;
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
To apply for this job please visit www.carvana.com.