About The Opportunity
Contenful is looking for a dynamic, data driven Head of Global Sales Development to own all aspects of our quickly growing SDR organization. You will be responsible for teams in our US (San Francisco, CA & Denver, CO) and EMEA (Berlin) hubs. This role reports directly to our VP of Sales (Americas) and is a direct source of knowledge, inspiration, best practices and career development across the SDR team. This person will also work with our exceptional People & Enablement teams to train, onboard, and mentor new and existing SDRs to drive the volume of fiscal pipeline needed to continue our rapid growth as a Company, and our people pipeline to create the next Rockstar Contenfuler@s to help instill our values & culture as we quickly scale.
What to expect?
- You will inherit very successful Inbound and hybrid Outbound SDR teams in SF, Denver and Berlin, currently led by 2 experienced SDR Managers (more to be hired soon to keep ratios tight as we grow)
- Immediately you will be asked to Attract, Hire and Retain high performing SDRs in all Hubs at all levels (L1-3 based on capacity requirements) via all available channels (Greenhouse, Referrals,
- LinkedIn, Self-Sourced)
- Drive a high performance, highly accountable culture (remote AND onsite) to achieve and exceed sales development expectations and goals
- Create, implement, and document common procedures and practices that can be applied cross-functionally, ensuring adherence to business standards
- Apply a strong bias for action and the ability to translate strategy into product and program plans with milestones and measurements
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of Saas Sales, our business model, and our methodology. This includes creating & sharing best practices on how to engage target audiences and personas, inbound lead follow-up, personalized outbound prospecting at scale, call coaching, objection handling/resolution, and value based qualification.
- Ensure that members of the Global SDR team develop the skills they need in order to perform and grow professionally by training SDR Managers to provide regular, honest feedback and coaching
- Work closely with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and other digital teams on virtual campaigns and nurture programs
- Design team pipeline model against ARR objectives and report KPIs (Meetings Set/Held, and New Opportunities) and activity metrics for both team and individuals on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Work closely with the Global Sales Directors, and other members of the GTM Leadership team and share insights to improve opportunity quality, management, process, and distribution
- Partner with Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, and the Campaign Team, to develop effective go-to-market outbound messaging across assigned team’s accounts
- Conduct quarterly, and mid-year performance reviews across regions
- Continually and Proactively Identify and strategically make recommendations for areas of improvement
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of B2B technology Sales, Sales Development, or Inside Sales experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling teams (Global experience preferred) with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets in a competitive and results-driven environment, with a track record of promoting SDRs into their next play.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and influence others by example
- Excellent working knowledge of the tools in today’s modern SDR stack, such as Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, LeadIQ, Outreach.io
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proficient with sales technology tools including CRM (Salesforce.com experience is strongly preferred), sales engagement platforms, Google Applications, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization including sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Digital marketing and eCommerce experience (CMS, SEO, PPC, Display, Social Media) is a plus
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and strong analytical skills
- Start-up experience would be a huge plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- We provide an Education budget for personal & professional growth as well as an Annual subscription to Linkedin Learning
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $134,400 – $142,800
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short-and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.
#LI – Remote
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Business Development
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.