Date Posted: Jul 23, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Vail Resorts Procurement Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. We are creating a world class procurement organization in our corporate headquarters to support a growing company of 37 resorts, 55,000+ employees and a market capitalization of over $7 billion. We are transforming our procurement organization to bring best-in-class category management, sourcing, vendor management, and procurement tools to enable data-driven decision making at Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest supply chain value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity to join the Procurement team at a critical inflection point and shape how we create value into the future.
The Director of Procurement Analytics is responsible for driving value and leading innovation that will use deep analytical capabilities to strategically inform decision making for the highest priority supply chain opportunities and risks impacting the enterprise. S/he will be responsible for performing in-depth spend and cost impact analysis, including benchmarking and trending to inform enterprise insights, target-setting, budgeting and forecasting processes. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for overseeing the integration of data tools, reporting and analysis to deliver insight to the organization. The role will have significant senior leadership exposure, particularly with the CFO and FP&A team of Vail Resorts.
The Director of Procurement Analytics will have the opportunity to analyze the key issues arising across our $800+ million enterprise wide spend and have a significant impact on decision making that impacts the bottom line. S/he will use financial acumen, strategic synthesis and data-driven insights to advise senior leaders and will gain great perspective on key business and operations drivers, while working on our most interesting and challenging business questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses strong business acumen to partner with business leaders to build and deploy best in class procurement analytics including: third party spend, contract analytics, category analytics, supplier performance management, RFP analytics, market and cost intelligence.
- Leads efforts to frame Procurement issues and questions with data-driven approaches to problem solving, including selecting the right metrics, interpreting the data and the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Serves as a thought partner with the Procurement Leadership Team to identify business challenges. Use fact based analysis to help influence changes to operations, process or policies.
- Maintains and ensures quality assurance of key data sets, reports and metrics that are relevant and insightful and highlight key trends in market dynamics, collaborating with subject matter experts across FP&A and IT to promote data governance.
- Drive partnerships with Finance IT team and vendors to deliver necessary data management tools, spend cube capabilities and system solutions.
- Leads Procurement specific program evaluation and program outcomes analyses.
- Actively participates in external professional organizations and builds a powerful network to understand and shape the emerging analytical trends.
- Lead development of:
- Robust and holistic taxonomy and spend cube.
- Enterprise wide spend analysis to drive performance and decision-making.
- Prioritized analysis for Procurement leadership team and/or key stakeholders.
- Data-driven approach to category spend and savings reporting for planning (budget/forecast).
- Bi-weekly spend compliance updates to the Executive Committee and key stakeholders.
- Monthly spend and savings analysis by Line of Business.
- Leadership qualities:
- Demonstrated track record of leading, motivating, developing and assessing a team of high performing analytics professionals.
- Outstanding ability to lead through influence by bringing an objective, data-driven approach, strong relationship skills and the ability to connect analytics to business outcomes in an understandable and actionable way with business partners in Procurement and in the operations.
- Leads by example, possesses a strong work ethic, is collaborative and embraces a passion and results-driven leadership model.
- Possesses high self-awareness, is decisive and maintains authentic humility. Possesses energy, drive and an ability to execute. Is flexible, agile and can adapt quickly in a rapid-paced executive level environment.
- Approach and behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong learning agility. Excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating data and business context into well structured recommendations.
- Strong curiosity to dive deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Self starter that has strong motivation and desire to work cross-functionally in highly matrixed organization.
- Strong process and systems orientation to develop sustainable, scalable data analytics platform for Procurement
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, MBA or MS strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in procurement and spend analytics, with demonstrated success in managing analytical talent, cost modeling, and analysis.
- 5+ years leadership/management experience leading highly analytical team
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in-person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to develop the “story” and form recommendations.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the “big picture.”
- Effectively manage and build capabilities and culture for high performing professional team.
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high-degree of diplomacy and composure
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and experience with Coupa, PeopleSoft and Tableau is a plus
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.