Who We Are: Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ) is executing its vision to become one of the nation’s largest vertically integrated cannabis holding companies by revenue. Upon the completion of its announced acquisitions, its portfolio will consist of top-tier licensed brands spanning cultivation, extraction, infused-product manufacturing, dispensary operations, consulting, and a nutrient line. Schwazze leadership includes Colorado cannabis leaders with proven expertise in product and business development as well as top-tier executives from Fortune 500 companies. As a leading platform for vertical integration, Schwazze is strengthening the operational efficiency of the cannabis industry in Colorado and beyond, promoting sustainable growth and increased access to capital, while delivering best-quality service and products to the end consumer. For more information, please visit our website: www.schwazze.com.
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Type: Full- Time
Location: Denver, CO
Salary Range: 100-120k
The Director of Marketing plays an essential leadership role within Schwazze and services the wholesale and retail business units. This position requires more than just the ability to execute against existing and traditional campaigns models. This role will be responsible for the total lifecycle of strategic marketing campaigns—collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities, developing strategies, designing programs, and then executing, measuring, and evaluating them against agreed upon business goals and objectives. In particular, this function will support new product development and promotional programs at Schwazze.
- Builds plans in alignment with brand marketing strategies, manages media agency, implements campaigns, and reports performance. Manages brand advertising that promotes awareness and engagement with target consumers.
- Drives traffic to Schwazze.com and affiliate license websites.
- Oversees the digital marketing program including email, affiliate, paid search, paid social and digital re-targeting programs.
- Builds plans, manages vendor relationships, implements campaigns, and measures performance. (mid/bottom funnel)
- Works closely with Product Marketing to prepare creative briefs for all digital product marketing needs.
- Provides feedback and signs off on creative based on industry best practices and SIMMS’ performance trends.
- Ensures timely and effective execution of domestic digital marketing tactics and programs which can also be regionalized and implemented internationally.
- Creates, maintains, and evolves a departmental calendar that matches business objectives with the activities and output of the department.
- Develops benchmark criteria to measure the efficacy of digital marketing programs, including SEO/SEM guidelines, goals and metrics, vendor agency performance, and social engagement
- Develops and maintains KPI dashboards and/or regular reports to keep teams and Executives informed on the return of ad spend, overall marketing performance and to help inform the balance of spend per channel and success metrics.
- Manages department expenses, ensuring all invoices are provided to Accounting, signed off and paid on time, communicate spend pacing and accrual needs.
- Establishes and coordinates reporting on all efforts.
- Contributes to the development of seasonal GTM strategies. Collaborate with marketing colleagues to bring seasonal stories to life.
- Relationship Management: Demonstrated skills and experience developing leadership relationships, with strong executive presence and confidence.
- Leadership: Experience leading and motivating teams, including performance management, collaboration, mentoring and career development.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Maintains composure and focus and provides leadership in crisis situations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complexand abstract, often system-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policiesand allocates resources.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivateand persuade others.
- Knowledge: Broad and comprehensive knowledge of health care, including diseases and conditions, symptomsand treatment options for all specialties.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups across functional areas.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA highly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in marketing leadership roles, ideally in a matrixed environment.
- 7+ years of supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of cannabis, retailor CPG sectors.
Working Conditions (Schedule, Environment, Travel)
- Schedule will Vary Depending on the needs of the business (Nights, Weekends, Holidays included.
- Job is based in Denver, Colorado with travel as needed.
If interested in working with Schwazze – there are a number of jobs Director and above up for hire. Visit the site to see more.
To apply for this job please visit schwazze.ourhcm.com.