Director of Business Development
Biodesix is a leading diagnostic company with a focus in lung disease. The Company develops diagnostic tests addressing important clinical questions by combining multi-omics through the power of artificial intelligence. Biodesix is the first company to offer six non-invasive tests for patients with diseases of the lung. Biodesix launched the SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR™ test and the Platelia SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab in response to the global pandemic and virus that impacts the lung and causes COVID-19. The blood-based Biodesix Lung Reflex® strategy for lung cancer patients integrates the GeneStrat® and VeriStrat® tests to support treatment decisions with results in 72 hours, expediting time to treatment. The blood-based Nodify Lung™ nodule risk assessment testing strategy consisting of the Nodify XL2™ test and the Nodify CDT™ test evaluates the risk of malignancy in incidental pulmonary nodules, enabling physicians to better triage patients to the most appropriate course of action. Biodesix also collaborates with many of the world’s leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to solve complex diagnostic challenges in lung disease. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.biodesix.com.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
This is a Field Based position.
Drive sales activities of the Business Development efforts for Biodesix. This will include assessing and strategizing biopharma pilots and clinical studies for Biodesix and being accountable for delivering service revenue. This position will be responsible to negotiate Master Services Agreements and Statement of Works with potential partners.
- Evaluate BD opportunities and sell services in line with the Biodesix Business Development Strategy and annual plan. These services include new assay discovery, development, validation, analyzing clinical trial samples both retrospective and prospective.
- Negotiate Master Transfer Agreements (MTA’s) and Individual Project Agreements (IPA’s) with pharma companies.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence to prepare strategic plan for Biodesixthis position will also coordinate internal stakeholders with operational lead to execute against agreements with partners.
- Track and monitor sales activities in CRM.
- Build and maintain a pipeline roadmap of targeted therapeutics in development and all post launch clinical trials underway for key customers.
- Develop and execute account plans that will include aligning service offerings with drug pipeline and engagement strategy with customer.
- Work with marketing and the technical team to help prepare tactical marketing literature to support sales activities.
- Formulate cost effective promotional strategy (e.g. trade shows and web pages).
- Serve as speaker for PR plan for Biodesix.
- Serve as technology scout for Company by attending trade shows and seminars and by surveying appropriate publications and journals.
- Able to conduct business in line with the cultural beliefs of the company.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in business development of increasing levels of responsibility in the medical diagnostics or pharmaceutical field. Prior new business development experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating agreements. Must have demonstrated prior success in interfacing with major strategic partners in pharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology and/or medical devices/diagnostics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of biomarker discovery and development with knowledge of drug development.
- Ability to apply analytical and critical/strategic thinking and application around data analysis and provide relevant and appropriate recommendations as a result.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present scientific information to groups.
- Able to manage in fluid environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate others in both matrixed and direct-line management environments.
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, OutLook, and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Life Sciences required. M.D., Ph.D. and/or MBA preferred.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.