LivWell Enlightened Health
LivWell is a leader in the state legal and highly regulated cannabis business. Our business model is to operate as an integrated business. As such, the skills required to lead the accounting department are diverse and involve cultivation, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, and retail sales. We are currently privately held but considering a public offering when the opportunity allows. We are assembling a collaborative team to lead us into the future. In addition to our leading position in the Colorado market, we have recently begun operations in Michigan which will more than double the size of our company in 2021. Cannabis has been deemed an essential business during the COVID pandemic and our business has done well during this time. Come join us and let us share this opportunity with you!
This position will report to the CFO and will serve as a trusted business advisor to the CEO and other members of the executive management team. We are seeking a person with strong leadership skills to head the accounting team and contribute to the success of the Company. The CFO is currently contemplating retirement and there may be an advancement opportunity for the right person.
- Design an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, currently 14 people
- Manage, coach and mentor members of the accounting team
- Maintain/oversee the general ledger, producing GAAP financial statements
- Responsible for design and operation of internal controls and accounting systems operation
- Manage all accounting functions, including day-to-day operations and the month-end close
- Manage outsourced functions, including tax preparers, auditors, and others as needed
- Drive compliance and filings for sales tax, payroll tax, excise tax and other filings for federal, state and local jurisdictions
- Responsible for the preparation and oversight of rolling budgets and monthly cash flow projections
- Maintain knowledge of tax matters and with CFO to implement tax savings strategies
- Formalize accounting policies through the documentation and maintenance of SOPs
- Monthly analysis of financial reports and meeting to discuss with executive management team
- Limited overnight travel may be required
- Work with CFO, IT, and managers to integrate & automate cultivation process into GL
Technical skills and experience:
- Have 8 – 10 years of relevant accounting experience, including managing an accounting department in a fast-growing environment – public company experience would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree, CPA certificate and public accounting experience in a progressive CPA firm
- Experience with standard cost accounting and management of system conversion projects
- Strong analytical skills, specifically as it relates to inventory, manufacturing cost & sales analysis
- Maintain a global focus while ensuring short-term goals are accomplished
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial, and proactive approach to business
- Ability to deliver results under strict deadlines
- Possess experience in multi-entity structure and accounting consolidation skills
- Budgeting oversite for a multi-state operation
- Experience in managing and optimizing accounting systems (Microsoft NAV)
- Developed strong interpersonal skills to work across an organization
- A strong fluency with U.S. GAAP and working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with a go-public event and SEC filings would be helpful but not mandatory
Personal traits and competencies:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions & implement solution
- Ability to mentor, manage, and motivate accounting team
- Manage projects by establishing plans, setting goals, assembling teams and managing timelines
- Establish and maintain positive and effective business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders – including bankers, lawyers, accountants and consultants
- Create a healthy environment that encourages personal growth and teamwork
- Self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented while maintaining good judgement on the things that are most important
- Excellent communications skills
- Makes sound decisions and exhibits good judgement
The compensation for this position is dependent upon experience and qualification. The Company provides health insurance, a 401(k), sick/vacation time off, and a variety of other company paid benefits. We are considering local candidates for this role. No relocation assistance is provided at this time. Please note, this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive list of duties to be included in this job. These duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
About LivWell Enlightened Health
LivWell Enlighted Health is a Colorado based company doing business in the legal, and regulated cannabis business. Generally we operate in an integrated business model of growing, manufacturing, and selling products to patients and customers. We currently operate in the states of Colorado and Michigan. We currently have 23 retail locations in Colorado and are growing. The Company operates four cultivation facilities and a Marijuana Infused Product (MIP) manufacturing facility in the state of Colorado. Michigan is being opened with a state-of-the-art cultivation facility and a MIP. I will be initially focused on wholesale sales with plans for an additional 12 to 15 retail stores beginning in mid-2020.
In order to perform the job and legally work in this industry, applicants must be able to secure a key badge from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) or any other states the Company may become licensed in. For a list of the requirement to obtain a permit to work in the state of Colorado visit the state’s website at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/med-occupational-licensing and call the MED with questions.
LivWell Enlightened Health provides equal opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
Please send resumes to email@example.com .
Thank you to Lew’s List for alerting us of this opportunity. Please mention Lew’s List and the Executives in Transition Program when you apply.