indieDwell is a Certified B Corporation and GoodWell Certified company with a mission to help solve the affordable housing crisis by manufacturing healthy, energy-efficient, durable, and sustainable housing at an affordable price, while also empowering our workforce and economic development of the communities we are part of. We are a rapidly growing company that believes our people are our greatest asset and we have a responsibility to all of our stakeholders, including our employees, partners, customers, investors, suppliers, and the environment. indieDwell has received national recognition, and in 2019 was showcased on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., for its innovative-housing solution. In a nutshell, we use our innovative building techniques and design to build modular single and multi-family housing off-site, using healthy and durable materials in a lean manufacturing construction factory. Come change the world with us!
We are excited to be expanding and opening our next factory in Pueblo, Colorado. indieDwell will bring an affordable housing solution to the region, as well as surrounding states, along with local workforce development. We take pride in a culture that emphasizes equity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
The Controller will be the most senior financial person in the organization and part of the senior management team. This person will be responsible for managing all accounting and tax related aspects of the factory, a 501(c)(3) and will report to the General Manager. The factory will employ roughly 200 employees and when the factory is at full capacity, is expected to generate roughly $40 million in annual revenue.
We are located in downtown Pueblo in a 100,000 sq ft factory operation. Pueblo is located in Southern Colorado, roughly 100 miles south of Colorado’s capital, Denver.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting and tax functions, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, budgeting, cash flow and payroll. The Controller will also manage a Staff Accountant, Office Manager and Technical Support staff. Other duties:
- Promote an environment that represents our core values, purpose, mission, vision and culture
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Coordinate all audit activity and works with external auditors
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assist General Manager and Executive Board in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Oversee all financial, project and grants accounting to ensure expenditures are consistently aligned with factory budgets throughout the grant/fund period
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the General Manager
- Continuously collaborate to assess the financial efficacy of factory operations and establish finance and administrative systems of accounting policies and procedures
- Implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Track quarterly / annual reports to ensure compliance with local, state and federal government requirements
- Schedule timely payments for debt repayments
- Submit required covenant payments and reporting
- Provide required reporting to indieDwell Holdings and other key partners
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested by General Manager
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to indieDwell’s mission and culture
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the General Manager, the responsibility for finance and accounting
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance; ideally at least 3+ years in a Controller or comparable role
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- Knowledge and experience within a 501(c)(3) organization preferred
- Proven organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain a positive, productive and problem solving environment
- Proficient in Quickbooks and G Suite tools and a willingness to adapt quickly to new systems
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
We believe in creating a real and lasting opportunity for our employees and we are investing in our communities. We are competitive in our compensation, which may include discretionary profit sharing, and comprehensive benefits packages. indieDwell pays for 100% of the premium for medical, dental, vision for the employee. Additionally, employees are offered two weeks of paid time off in addition to 10 paid company holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a highly diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com We are accepting applications until we find the right candidate.
Thank you to Lew’s List for alerting us of this opportunity. Please mention Lew’s List when you apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.indiedwell.com.