UDC is a growing and respected technology consultant company serving the electric and gas utility industry. We have a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do, leveraging our experience to help our clients build the future of their businesses.
In order to meet our growth objectives, UDC is seeking a full-time Controller to support our organization. The selected candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
About the Position
Our office in Englewood, CO is a great place to work! We’re looking for an experienced and results-oriented Controller with strong accounting and leadership skills, whose primary focus will be management of all aspects of UDC’s financial activities, including financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, budgeting, and payroll. The successful candidate will lead three departments comprised of seven professionals.
Together you and your team will perform the following tasks:
- Create consolidated monthly accrual-basis and cash-basis financial statements for the company and its Indian subsidiary.
- Work with external auditors on the annual financial statement review, insurance audits, and the 401(k) plan audit.
- Prepare use tax and business property tax returns.
- Use our ERP system to create and manage project budgets, evaluate project financial profitability, and manage resource utilization.
- Process multi-state payroll for 300+ employees, and review payroll returns prepared by our payroll service provider.
- Review client and vendor contracts.
Much of the work is fast paced as it involves responding quickly to management needs.
Most importantly, we are looking for a Controller who takes pride in the quality and accuracy of your work, communicates openly, and values and develops your team.
- 4-year college degree in Accounting or a related financial field
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA required
- 5+ proven accounting and payroll experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting software
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- NetSuite and OpenAir software experience preferred
- Kronos Workforce software experience a plus
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
International accounting experience a plus.
What We Offer
UDC offers outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401K & Employer Match
- Parental Leave
- Long Term and Short Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Gym Reimbursement Program
To apply for this job please visit www.udcus.com.