Peak Gastroenterology Associates
About Our Company
Peak Gastroenterology Associates (“Peak” or the “Company”) is the largest and fastest growing provider of gastroenterology services and ancillary patient treatment services in Colorado. Peak’s highly experienced clinical workforce administers a broad spectrum of advanced gastroenterology and digestive services across a network of outpatient locations and ambulatory and hospital-based endoscopy centers. Our Company is growing quickly, and we are building an accounting team to support further growth. We are transitioning from an outsourced accounting function to an internal accounting function and seeking a Controller to build and own this function.
Essential Job Function
Peak is seeking a leader with excellent accounting and financial knowledge and skills to join our fast paced, growing organization as the Controller. As a leading healthcare organization located in Denver, CO, we are seeking a highly qualified, detail orientated, hands-on, and proactive Controller who will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of the Company’s accounting operations including the monthly close cycle, financial reporting, internal controls and policy development. Knowledge of financial operations, treasury management, cost management, budgets along with excellent communication skills are essential points of success for this position. Minimum requirements are: 5 years of controller/accounting manager experience preferably in a healthcare organization, B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance and expert in Microsoft Excel required and CPA highly preferred.
The Controller will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and operational leadership to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP, monitor and improve processes, manage the close process, ensure reconciliations are complete and prepared timely, develop comprehensive set of internal controls to mitigate risk and perform ad hoc analysis.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
• Full ownership and accountability for monthly, quarterly and annual close, including preparing close calendar and ensuring deadlines are met
• Financial reporting and analysis, continuously enhancing the quality of all deliverables (P&L, Balance Sheet, Financial Statements and Reconciliations)
• Work with CFO to establish and maintain appropriate internal controls
• Prepares annual budgets and ensures alignment with organizational strategic goals
• Prepare debt covenant compliance certificates for quarterly bank reporting
• Maintain accounting systems and fixed asset register to ensure the proper, complete and accurate record-keeping of accounting Company transactions are performed within GAAP compliance
• Leads the Company through audit and tax cycles with external auditors
• Leverages technology, researches, recommends and implements new programs, systems and products as they pertain to the finance division to ensure optimal alignment to support Company’s strategic goals and objectives
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting. Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Has a wealth of knowledge about all job facets and is considered an expert. Has authoritative understanding of job responsibilities and can successfully manage multiple, competing demands. Embraces continuous learning.
• Embraces challenges and consistently communicates with all parties in a friendly and respectful manner. Supports teamwork and cooperation. Executes key priorities. Confident but no ego.
• Takes ownership of job, proactively addressing commitments. Accepts responsibility for errors and makes corrections willingly. Takes specific actions to improve own work methods or systems. Concerned with the quality and impact of all decisions.
• Develops and implements new and unique ideas. Demonstrates through verbal and non-verbal communications openness to change or new ideas. Demonstrates flexibility to fluctuating workload and effectively prioritizes assignments.
• Exhibits a positive attitude and enthusiasm in support of the position and the Company. Treats resources with respect and in a manner that reflects awareness of financial responsibility.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Proactive process-oriented problem solver
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Maturity, self-confidence and presence and the ability to represent the organization effectively
• Outstanding analytical, organization, project/process management skills
• Experience in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA designation highly preferred
• Healthcare accounting experience highly preferred
• Thorough understanding of GAAP standards and regulations
• Expert skills in Microsoft Excel required
• Accounting system conversion experience highly preferred
• EMR conversion experience preferred
• 5 – 7 years financial close experience required
• Minimum 5 years progressive accounting management experience
• Detail-oriented professional with effective written and oral communication skills
Thank you to Lew’s List for alerting us of this opportunity. Please mention Lew’s List when you apply. Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org