Metropolitan State University of Denver
|Position Title||Chief of Staff – Office of the President|
|Position Number||E 1226|
|Salary for Announcement||The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.|
|EClass Code||Full Time Professional Staff|
|Position Summary||Reporting directly to the President, the Chief of Staff (COS) serves as the president’s senior integrator across and among university offices and leaders. As a member of the President’s senior leadership team, the COS provides operational leadership and supervision for high priority university projects, manages the president’s decision-making process, and ensures coordinated implementation of high-level decisions. As a key advisor to the president, the COS will help prioritize the President’s long range schedule and turn the President’s goals into plans of action.|
|Duties/Responsibilities||Direct Support to the President|
• The COS will direct the operations of the President’s Office while maintaining constant interface with the senior leadership team to ensure that key issues are proactively addressed.
Managing and Aligning Operational Initiatives
• The COS will create and lead, as needed, systems and processes that further operationalize the President’s focus on inclusive leadership.
• Influence: Ability to promote teamwork, integration, and accountability among senior executives/peers representing disparate parts of the university.
|Required Qualifications||• Education: Bachelor’s Degree.|
• Experience in program and/or project management with significant management responsibilities.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Experience supporting senior level executives and managing complex and sensitive initiatives.|
• Experience leading and managing high functioning teams.
• Experience working in large, complex organizations.
• Knowledge of higher education organizational culture, policies and processes.
• Knowledge of government affairs and legislative strategy development and execution.
|Closing Instructions||Open Until Filled|
|To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)||09/01/2020|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.|
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
|Talent Team Representative||Sophia Montano|
|Talent Team Representative Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Benefits||MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:|
|Diversity Statement||Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.|
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
To apply for this job please visit www.msudenverjobs.com.