At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you’ll be doing
Strategic Direction Setting
- Keeps abreast of emerging digital and business trends, develops and executes an IT strategy that takes advantage of these trends, and collaborates with other business leaders to embed digital opportunities in business strategy, including the company’s product and operational strategies
- Develops and executes an integration strategy that provides access to data from diverse sources and extends the business to partner and customer ecosystems
- Educates C-level peers and the business at large about the enterprise changes that underpin success in digitization
- Works with stakeholders to continually optimize IT governance and decision-making processes as the business context and technology landscape changes
Service and Product Delivery
- Designs and oversees the implementation of a blueprint for IT-business collaboration that helps the enterprise maximize returns from technology investments
- Leads the implementation of industry standards and development methodologies, including Agile and DevOps, to increase responsiveness and growth
- Defines enterprise cloud service governance and oversees migration of enterprise applications, platforms and data to cloud solutions
- Creates the foundation for embedding new technologies into business operations and services
Staff and Leadership Development
- Develops the next generation of IT leaders who are able to build strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to move the business towards digitally enabled growth
- Encourages learning from failures and creates a climate of openness to new ways of working, risk, and uncertainty
- Proven skill in hiring, assessing and developing talent for retention, diversity, and inclusion
- Oversees the office of the CIO to meet strategic planning, budget management, communication and functional coordination goals
- Oversees a strategic workforce plan’s development and implementation to maximize the current and future workforce’s effectiveness in light of strategic business priorities
- Oversees the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of enterprise data without disrupting digital transformation and growth.
- Execute management responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures, code of business conduct and any applicable laws, including regular engagement and communications with IT workforce.
- Oversees measurement and reporting of IT systems’ reliability, performance, security, and business value
- Oversees sourcing decisions and scalable vendor management processes
Your Background: What education and experience you’ll need
Your Background: What skills you’ll need
- Ability to develop strategic initiatives and oversee the development of long-term plans and proposals to support business objectives
- Ability to challenge, influence and manage relationships across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing, business intelligence and analytics, Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience introducing infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), Cloud based systems into large organizations
- Leadership experience in Cyber Security (DFAR, NIST, CNSSI, CMMC, SOX)
- Strong business acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals
- Proven success in optimizing financial performance and operational excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full knowledge of project, risk and operations management
- At least 7 years of professional experience in information systems management at a senior level, with at least 5 years of experience working with executive and board-level personnel
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We Offer Our Employees Competitive Pay And Benefits Including
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.