Website Mi Casa Resource Center
Mi Casa Resource Center (MCRC), a nationally recognized leader in Colorado’s nonprofit sector, seeks an innovative and dynamic leader to serve as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the overall strategic, financial and operational leadership of Mi Casa. The successful candidate will establish and maintain a culture of Diversity and Inclusion, provide strong leadership and continue to build on the organization’s vision by generating the support and resources needed to fulfill its mission of “Creating Pathways to Opportunity”.
The CEO provides overall leadership and management to support the vision and mission of Mi Casa Resource Center. Duties include working with the Board of Directors to establish the overall vision and strategic direction of MCRC, working with MCRC’s Leadership Team to implement the strategic plan, overseeing the financial management of the organization and working to develop the resources and operational capacity to deliver on that plan. The CEO ensures that diversity, equity and inclusion are built into systems, programs and processes throughout the organization. The CEO also ensures quality programming, cost-effective management of MCRC’s operations and excellent internal and external communications. The CEO serves as the chief liaison with diverse community groups developing effective partnerships throughout the Metro Denver Area and nationally.
VISION & STRATEGY
In 2019, MCRC created a 3- year strategic plan that established the following strategic priorities: 1) MCRC is a leader in community economic development for the State of Colorado; 2) Business Pathways expands beyond a bricks and mortar approach and 3) Career Pathways for youth and adults are built and stabilized.
At the same time the following strategic initiatives were established: 1) MCRC implements a quality assurance framework through knowledge management, business analysis and alignment to outcomes-based standards; 2) MCRC will expand services through partnership, systems approach and technology; and 3) MCRC will elevate visibility and leadership through thought leadership, issue area capacity building and resource optimization.
Leadership: Provide vision and overall leadership for MCRC, in collaboration with the Board of Directors
– Lead the vision and strategic planning process of the Board of Directors, ensuring that benchmarks are established for measuring success and that the planning cycles recur as appropriate.
– Work with MCRC’s Leadership Team to develop and implement strategies in support of MCRC’s vision, mission, goals and values, including the annual implementation plan.
– Develop a high profile for MCRC within its various local, regional, and national constituencies, including donors, government, corporations, foundations, and other nonprofits.
– Develop strategic partnerships with organizations to achieve MCRC’s goals and address priority issues.
– Be a visible advocate for the issues MCRC addresses, including workforce development, small business, youth, education and poverty.
Fund Raising: Oversee all development efforts and ensure that these efforts meet their financial goals
– Supervise the Chief Development Officer and oversee the development and implementation of the agency’s strategic fundraising plan.
– Responsible for ensuring that the annual budget is funded through appropriate sources and that the strategy is adjusted in the event of shortfalls.
– Work in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to cultivate relationships and solicit major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
– Identify and develop sustainable sources of revenue for Mi Casa.
Work with the Board and Development staff to identify prospects and engage them in MCRC’s work.
– Oversee all operational aspects of Mi Casa, ensuring effective use of resources and legal compliance.
– Oversee the budget which includes an accurate, realistic forecasting of revenues and expenses for implementing the annual implementation plan, based on goals/objectives established in collaboration with the Board, COO and Director of Finance.
– Provide leadership for overall financial and human resource policies.
– In conjunction with staff and board, develop and implement long-range financial plans.
– Recruit, select, motivate, develop, retain and reward a high quality and capable Leadership Team members to function and respond to MCRC’s priorities; oversee the selection of other staff throughout the agency.
– Create and encourage a collegial and participatory work environment within Mi Casa where trust, integrity, and open communication are valued; galvanize staff around the vision and mission of the agency.
– Support and encourage employee development activities and opportunities.
– Provide direct supervision to the management team and develop the Leadership Team’s ability to operate the agency as a coordinated team.
– Work with staff to coordinate the effective and efficient operation of all areas of responsibility.
– Identify need for defined processes and systems; ensure all staff understands their areas of accountability and how functions fit together.
– Establish clearly defined and measurable goals to assess and reward the staff.
– Provide overall leadership for identifying program strategies and content to support the programming of the organization
– Ensure that all programs are evaluated for strategic fit before implementation.
– Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in all programmatic areas of the agency to ensure Mi Casa remains relevant and focused on its mission.
– Oversee delivery of programs provided and ensure that regular performance monitoring occurs.
Outreach and Communication:
– Present Mi Casa’s vision, mission and program in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
– Represent MCRC routinely and professionally at local, state and national events through speaking, serving on committees, and presenting.
– Listen, communicate, motivate and build trust with diverse communities in Metro Denver.
– Serve as the primary spokesperson to the media.
– Represent MCRC professionally and credibly on a consistent basis in all settings.
Board of Director Relationship:
– Develop capabilities and contributions of Board members appropriately.
– Work with Board Executive Committee to identify, recruit, orient, and retain a board of directors made up of outstanding leaders who are committed to and enthusiastic about the organization’s mission and values.
– Engage board members in identifying prospects, understanding the work of the organization, and representing the board/organization at various events.
– Provide training to the Board of Directors on areas of need/interest.
– Ensure that the Board’s operating policies are implemented, reporting variances to the Board as required, and assuring that MCRC is in compliance with all legal requirements.
– Provide information and recommendations to the Board for setting or revising Mi Casa’s vision, mission, goals, objectives, operating policies, and strategic planning priorities.
– 10+ years of proven leadership success, including strong fundraising and management experience.
– Experience working with a group of diverse staff, board members, community partners and other volunteers.
– Must have strong organizational, creative, and written/oral communication skills.
– Supervisory experience is required.
– Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, prioritize work, solve problems, and operate under time and work volume pressure.
– Effective interpersonal skills and flexibility required.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
– Ability to provide strategic direction and strong fiscal oversight.
– Commitment to MCRC’s mission to create pathways to opportunities
– Demonstrated leadership skills and understanding of change management
– Demonstrated experience in staff management, coaching, and team-building
– Strong communications skills—verbally, in writing and in public speaking
– Networking and relationship-building skills
– Ability to work in partnership with the Board of Directors and staff to plan for the organization’s future
– Proficiency in all aspects of fundraising, major gifts and donor cultivation
– Experience in budget development and reporting
– Willingness to work flexible hours to support work of the organization
– Demonstrated experience in hiring and evaluation of staff
– Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and building & working with a diverse staff
– Ability to conduct program evaluation and understand issues relevant to Mi Casa’s mission
– Experience in monitoring and maintaining the agency’s infrastructure
– Inspirational, innovative and dynamic energy with a passion for nonprofit work
– Proficiency in Spanish highly desired
Above all, we seek a leader who can embrace our passionate culture, who is flexible, entrepreneurial, strategic, and visionary. We want an executive who will lead our organization into making an even greater impact in the lives of our families and in our community.
Mi Casa Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.