Website Trimble & Associates, Inc.
Thanks to Lew’s List for alerting us to this opportunity. Please mention Lew’s List when applying.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – Real Estate
Outstanding growth opportunity for and an experienced Real Estate accounting and finance professional to report directly to the CEO.
Selected candidate must have significant experience dealing with high level, institutional investors, private equity, and securitization in a real estate environment.
The CFO will play an integral role in the management of a nationwide real estate portfolio. In this role, you will plan and manage all aspects of a new joint venture’s finances, accounting, reporting, asset management, and compliance. The successful candidate must be a strategically-minded individual, but willing to get their hands dirty, and possess strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience as outlined below.
- Broad responsibility for all finance and accounting functions of a new joint venture
- Review and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow projections in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee all financing efforts for both warehouse financing and securitization
- Help direct financial strategy, planning and forecasts; while conferring with executive management and department heads
- Work closely with corporate accounting team including corporate CFO, and controller
- Build complex financial models, budgets, etc.
- Proactive analysis of the monthly financial statements, analysis of key financial performance indicators and trends, and forecasting and comparison of actual results to budget
- Establish, implement, and update financial controls, accounting policies and procedures
- Actively involved in the selection and implementation of any new accounting systems
- Management and coordination with outside accounting firm for annual audit and tax work
- Review other federal, state, and/or third-party reports to ensure compliance with governmental requirements
- Experience working with institutional investors, private equity, and securitization
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in accounting or finance, CPA or MBA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in accounting and finance progressing to the Controller or Chief Financial Officer level
- Extensive experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Ability to ensure a clean audit, in compliance with GAAP
- Substantial experience in the real estate industry
- Highly computer literate and proficient
- Proven track-record of leadership
- Analytically and strategically minded
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Adept communicator both orally and written
Industry: Real Estate
Salary: Target salary range 140-200K, DOE. Bonus, equity opportunity, and various other benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.